Genuine, thoughtful, and honest answers are required for all 5 of these prompts in order to pass the LGBT Inclusivity quiz.
If you have had a close friend identify as LGBT to you, what was your thoughts and reaction?
If you have not had a close friend identify as LGBT to you, what would your first thought / reaction be?
Answer the following honestly:
- Would you attend a doctor who identified LGBT but was a different gender from you? Why or why not?
- Would you attend an LGBT doctor who identified as the same gender as you? Why or why not?
- Would you attend a doctor who was of a different race or religion from you? Why or why not?
Briefly name and state the major accomplishments of three historical figures in each of these categories:
- Three historical figures who identified LGBT
- Three historical figures who are/were of a different ethnic background from you.
- Three historical figures who are of a different religion than you (Challenge yourself to pick 2 of the 3 figures who do not belong in the same religious group as you... for example, if you're Roman Catholic which falls under the larger group of Christianity, pick 2 of your 3 figures who are not Christian).
An honest and open answer is required.
Have you ever made or laughed at a joke that made fun of or attacked a minority? How did it make you feel? How did it make other people feel? Challenge yourself to pick an experience in which someone took offense to you, and describe your experience, what you did, and what you learned.
An honest answer is required.
Describe a time where you witnessed someone being attacked for who they are or how they identified.
- How did it make you feel to witness that?
- What did you do? Why did you choose to do what you did?
- Would you do things differently? Why or why not?